Acne is a nightmare for many teenagers. Though acne is common among all adolescents, anyone can get acne, even babies. Usually acne occurs before the big day of many people and ruins your plans. Acne generally appears on the face and shoulders but it may also occur on the arms, body, legs, and buttocks. Acne is trigged by many reasons, some of the most common causes include
- Hormonal changes or increase in hormone levels that occur due stress, puberty and pregnancy
- Using greasy and oily cosmetics
- Improper or dirty food habits
- Intake of certain drugs such as testosterone, estrogen and other steroids
- Lack of sleep
- Higher humidity and sweating can also cause acne / pimples
These reasons may inculpate acne on you beautiful skin which results in painful pimples. The pimples, zits or blemishes whatever you name it, includes whiteheads, blackheads, and inflammed patches of skin. These pimples usually occur when the tiny pores present on the skin gets clogged due to dirt or bacteria.
Acne creates a considerable distress and you want to get rid of the by any means. Though there is not definitive cure for acne, you can eminently treat it using many natural remedies. Though it is not a trivial disease, you should never trivialize the acne problem.
You need to do some simple things that can help your acne,
- Clean your skin with a mild soap or face wash twice a day (avoid too much of scrubbing)
- In case you hair is too oily, then comb it back and keep it away from your face and shampoo your hair regularly.
Let me help you with some pretty simple and natural remedies to get rid of acne
A dab of little lemon juice is very useful in acne treatment. Lemon juice as acidic properties which makes is a good astringent. It helps you clean up the dirt, which got accumulated on the skin pores and will shrink the pimple. Apply lemon juice with little amount of rose water or rub with a slice of lemon on the affected area and leave it for few hours or overnight and then rinse the affected area properly.
- Clay mask:
Take clay and mix it with enough water and make a thick paste and apply it directly on the blemishes or affected areas and leave it on for about 20 minutes or overnight and wash it with cold water. This is one simple and quick way to get rid of acne.
The toothpaste is one of the easiest remedies that can help you get rid of your acne problem. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the acne before going to bed it helps you reduce the swelling of the zit and dries it out. This remedy will help you get rid of acne in a day or two. Cover the toothpasted pimples with a bandage for better results.
- Cinnamon and
Make cinnamon powder, take about half tablespoon of this power and mix it with honey to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the blemish and leave it for an hour or overnight. This will help you reduce the acne.
- Intake of leafy
Regular intake of iron supplements and vitamin A will help you keep away from acne. Consuming more dairy products, leafy vegetables, carrot, fish and cereals, which are rich sources of vitamin A, helps in reducing the formation of acne and scars.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is the best exfoliator. It helps will you clean the dead skin before they can clog the skin pores. It also lowers the acidity of the epidermis, reduces open pores and also makes your skin smooth and soft. To use it, mix it with water and apply to the skin in circular motions, apply as a mask and leave it on for 10 minutes. Don’t worry it may cause slight irritation to your skin.
- Tea tree oil: This is one more popular home remedy for treating acne. It works as an antiseptic, which helps you in removing damaged skin cells by irritating the skin slightly. Tea tree oil produces bacteria-fighting cells, which fights acne when applied on the affected skin. Apply a single drop of tree tea oil to the blemishes thrice a day for better results.
- Cucumber: It is one of the simple natural treatments used for the treating acne. It also refreshes the skin making it feel young. Blend the cucumber into a smooth paste and apply it on the acne affected area and wash it off after 30 to 40 minutes for better results.
- Aloevera: Aloevera is the best herb that has skin healing properties and acts as a soothing gel. It helps you prevent acne by easing redness, swelling and inflammation. Rubbing the gel on the blemishes will help you in healing existing scars.
- Neem / Indian Lilac: One of the excellent herbs that help preventing acne formation on your skin is Neem. Take some neem leaves and make a paste out of them. Apply the paste regularly to get a smooth and acne free skin.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal possesses natural properties for cleaning up the acne and helps in reducing scarring. Blend oatmeal in a fine powder and mix it with water and make a thick paste of it. Apply this paste as a facial mask and leave it to dry for 15 minutes the wash it with lukewarm water and pat your face dry.
- Organic yogurt: Organic yogurt is very gentle and is very useful for reducing acne. Yogurt contains lactic acid and many natural alpha hydroxy acids that have exfoliating effects, which helps in rejuvenating skin and acne scarring. Use yogurt by applying it on the acne and leaving it for 10 minutes for better results.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is one of the best skin moisturizers that contain four different antioxidants, which prevents water to evaporate from our skin. Apply olive oil on the acne scars, it helps in reducing the scars and softens the skin.
- Egg-white: Egg-white helps in healing acne scars and reduces inflammation quickly. Mash egg-white and use it as a facial mask and rinse it after 20 minutes with lukewarm water. If you are allergic to egg then try after mixing it with few drops of lemon.
- Ice cubes: Ice cubes helps in reducing the size of blemishes. Place an ice-cube over your pimples and it will help you in reducing the redness, swelling and size by tightening them.
- Hopefully these home remedies will work for you as it has for many. These home remedies won’t guarantee the fastest results, but will give you permanent results. Natural remedies prolong the youthfulness of your skin. Try these simple and natural remedies that help you get rid of acne completely.